Friday, March 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Pine Cones

Remember putting peanut butter on pine cones and rolling them in birdseed and hanging them in the trees for the birds? I wonder if the birds must see those and just squeal: dessert time!! I also wonder how much bird seed is ingested by children while making peanut butter pine cones and licking their sticky fingers.

I didn't post last week and the little gnome inside my head is bashing me with a guilt stick. But just like I told the little gnome, I'm working on something BIG! And I was away for the weekend! And violence is never the answer!

But I did want to post something very small that just made my morning glow. While I was eating breakfast, looking out the window at the powdered-sugar layer of snow on the grass, I noticed three or four birds hanging out in a very bare shrub, pecking and twittering and hopping.

A minute later, a cardinal joined them, regal and striking; and not a minute after the cardinal took off, a blue jay took his place. My heart did a little dance after that, because SPRING is coming! It really really is! I know because the birdies told me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment